BMC, as a lot of other software developers, doesn’t publish the new features of future versions until they are released. But, sometimes some tips are shared with the community and some rumors arise.
What is this information? What are the rumors? Keep reading.
Current development stage
If you had asked me about the release date at the end of last year, I would tell you, “beginning of second quarter”. But current expectation is more like to be during the third quarter. Beta test phase seems to be closed, and final steps are being taken.
Published information and rumors
First, all this info has been received from non official BMC communications (can be BMC employees, but always talking on their own, not in the name of BMC). So any similarity between this list and the final set of new features is just coincidence .
- Completely re-designed Service Request Management end user interface with modern look & feel to accelerate adoption of self-service in your company.
- Common BSM Service Context view provides one click access to real-time data or information regarding a service, computer systems or applications to enable better collaboration and alignment for IT users.
- Easier and more powerful data management capabilities, with a specific focus on onboarding process that is consistently used across all ITSM products. Pre-defined templates for most data loads.
- New hub & spoke deployment architecture enables service providers to manage a virtual queue of tickets from multiple customer deployments while keeping data locally in countries with strict data privacy laws.
- Sharing single remedy environment across several IT support/call centers spread across different regions.
- Simplified installation and upgrade procedure, including installation of best-practice content with ITSM installation
- Improved usability for Approval Central console.
- New documentation wiki hosted by BMC eliminates PDF information silos, providing suite-level and product specific documentation.
- Integration with social networks.